Here are 3 signs that will help you uncover when is the best time for enterprise ecommerce platform change!
You know what they say – to everything there is a season and enterprise ecommerce platform change is not an exception.
You already know that changing the ecommerce platform is the best decision for your enterprise, however, when is the right time to do it?
Here are 3 tips that will help you uncover the perfect timing:
- Changing enterprise ecommerce platforms is not recommendable before holidays including Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, July 4, Easter, and other popular holidays. At this busy period of the year, the online shoppers are active and motivated to purchase items online. Your main task as a business owner is to focus on more sales and not on looking a new enterprise ecommerce platform and solving data-transferring issues.
- Besides the holiday rash, it is also important to consider the characteristics and model of your business. For example, if you are selling sunglasses, the first quarter of the summer season is your selling moment and you certainly can’t move to another platform. It is better if you want and do it later, in the winter maybe.
- You shouldn’t rash into quick ecommerce platform change and you shouldn’t put yourself and your team into time limits. Instead, you need to have enough time to research and test a few enterprise ecommerce platforms. The point is to simplify your day-to-day business tasks and keep your customers happy and satisfied.
Choosing the next enterprise ecommerce platform is one of the most responsible and important steps. When considering a new platform, you have to be certain that your future platform doesn’t lack these essential features:
- Advanced customization
- Simple, clean, and attention-grabbing design
- Improved integration options
- More secure payment options
Based on these must-have features for your future ecommerce platform, we have found the 3 best enterprise ecommerce platforms that stores owners are migrating to. They are Shopify Plus and Magento Enterprise. Shopify Plus is a fully-hosted ecommerce solution suitable for large businesses while Magento is an open source platform (tech skills and experience are absolutely necessary to use the platform) and is one of the most expensive platforms on the market.
You can compare these two enterprise ecommerce platforms and decide which one is better for your online store.